Pann: Has Seventeen given up on being public-friendly?
(OP criticizes Seventeen's recent title tracks)
1. [+144, -4] Most of their core fandom has left since Home and Hit. It's no wonder their digitals keep declining with their core fandom gone. The reason why Seventeen became popular in the first place was because of their fresh young concept. They were #1 in terms of that fresh young concept, that's how they built their core fandom. Since this year, they gave up on public-friendliness and started focusing on the music they wanted to pursue. I think the members did give up on being public-friendly.
2. [+134, -4] I felt the decrease in their fandom power during Home and Hit ㅋㅋ A lot of fans were already starting to leave because of Produce 101 but Pledis still didn't wake up and did Japanese concerts and gave baits every 2 weeks. If they cared about domestic fans and kept up with their fresh young concept, they wouldn't have hit the bottom like this. What can you do when you can feel the hype is gone? If they wanted to win a daesang, they should've focused on public-friendliness and came back with another fresh young concept. They keep talking about wanting to win a daesang but the songs they release is the type of music they want, not the hype of music the public wants. They should give up on digital sales now. If their next song is also difficult and non-public-friendly and only liked by their fans, all of their core fans will be gone. 247, Snap Shoot, and Lie Again are getting better responses than their title track, enough said. If they have any idea what's going on, please continue the fresh young concept that the public and core fans want...
3. [+127, -2] I'm a big fan and I just don't know... I think it's hard to expect better from their digital sales anymore. I guess they're doing what they want.
4. [+77, -0] If you're an idol, you must do the music you want only after you gain public recognition ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Oh My was really good, though...
5. [+68, -3] I'm a really big fan but I'm tired ㅋㅋㅋㅋ No matter how good the song is, the result is always the same. They've been on a wrong path since Home and Hit. They were fine during Pretty U, Don't Wanna Cry, and Clap. But as the members age and keep releasing dark songs like this, their core fans left the fandom and their digital sales hit the bottom. It's useless to wait for their digitals to go up. I think this is the limit of their digital sales.
6. [+67, -1] People say it's because of the members' age but it's not like their age is bigger than the average age of idols. I don't understand why they're giving up their fresh young concept voluntarily. If they kept up with the fresh young concept until people recognized the concept as Seventeen's, they could've became so much more popular... The fans of fresh young concept are getting tired and so am I ㅠㅠ
7. [+64, -6] Isn't Home a really good song, though? Personally, it's one of Seventeen's top 3 songs along with 20 and A-TEEN.
8. [+59, -0] The only idol that my older brother knows is Twice, but he knows Don't Wanna Cry, Pretty U, and Very Nice. In other words, Seventeen used to have very big public recognition. I'm not saying that they don't have it anymore, I'm saying they were bigger before.
9. [+42, -0] When S.Coups went for tarot reading, the person told him to never give up on the fresh young concept. Why did they... They were fine until Don't Wanna Cry, but Clap was such a bad song and their hair colors and makeup were such a mess. But the members did say they've wanted to do a dark concept, not the fresh young concept.
10. [+41, -0] Honestly, I listened to their title track once but didn't want to listen to it again. Their new song is so messy. As a fan, I'm happy to see that they're doing the music they want to do but I can't help but feel sad. Daesang is already gone and I don't even think they can win a bonsang...