Myungji University and Hanyang University students did a strong boycott when Winner was announced to be cast at their school festivals.
Zico's stage at Yonsei University was controversial for his supposed relation with Jung Joon Young's scandal.
Jannabi's castings in school festivals and TV shows are getting cancelled after a member's bullying scandal and the vocalist's father's controversy. They were removed from Sookmyung Women's University's festival lineup and a few TV shows.
Article: 'YG->Zico->Jannabi', what's the meaning of the controversies of university festival casting?
Source: Sports Seoul via Nate
1. [+1349, -15] Boycotting is a fair right of the consumers. How can you call a fair right a controversy?
2. [+1272, -51] When Zico and Winner were performing, people were cheering them hard. This is why they take the public for idiots.
3. [+975, -20] Direct/indirect involvement in prostitution, rape, or school bullying.
4. [+51, -1] This is the minimum they can do to act morally. Universities are considered the best educational institution and the festivals take place once a year. If they blindly cast the controversial artists to have fun, wouldn't it be a sad society?
5. [+40, -19] Jannabi kids are such empty-heads. Aren't they marketed as a classic band of good students from Bundang who are like Beatles? They're a bunch of delinquents, good students, my a** ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+34, -3] Isn't Zico's controversy blocked by Samsung? He's the model of Galaxy S10 so Samsung must've not wanted Galaxy S10 to be seen like a golden phone. His scandal died down completely one day.
7. [+27, -4] I will filter out the universities that cast these artists. Young students, learn to live with a smart brain.
8. [+21, -3] Zico and Jung Joon Young ㅋㅋ
9. [+16, -2] Are boycotts done by comments only? When Winner was performing at Hanyang University, I could hear the audience singing along in my living room ㅋㅋㅋ There were so many claims on boycotting and stuff but it was only the comments.
10. [+15, -12] Jannabi and Zico are directly involved but Winner is suffering because of their agency. They sang 9 songs at the festival and did their best.
Article: [Exclusive] Jannabi, live appearance at 'Gayo Plaza' on the 28th cancelled... Rescheduling in process
Source: News 1 via Nate
1. [+1461, -55] Hyorin must be dying to kill them.
2. [+1187, -95] Don't support the other members, they're birds of the same feather~
3. [+1016, -39] The starting point of the school violence #MeToo!
Article: Mnet Gallery, "We will not consume any YG music", declares a boycott
Source: My Daily via Nate
(Mnet DC Gallery is a community of Mnet programs and K-pop music)
1. [+2520, -36] Yes, we have to boycott YG for sure. Cheering for Mnet Gallery!
2. [+1877, -33] Let's go for YG boycott. YG agency needs to disappear.
3. [+1540, -60] Is Mnet Gallery influencial?